Thursday 28 April 2016

Clear & Sheer Day 2


I've finished my homework for Day 2 of the Online Card Class - I've chosen Dawn Woleslagle's technique of embossing onto parchment (vellum).


I traced with white pencil (sharp) over a Sizzix Framelits set stamp for the flowers and the butterfly.
I embossed the images from behind with a stylus, then coloured with Copic markers as shown on the class video.
I have hidden the adhesives used to mount the die-cut parchment shapes by using a hole punch to make three circles used behind the centres of the flowers, and cutting a bit the shape of the butterfly's body.
I also used the stylus to emboss the frame around the wording, and used a wide piece of double-sided tape that fit exactly behind the wording area.
The rest of the card is from a kit I had prepped for a class many years ago, plus a paper die-cut doily. See - there IS justification for not throwing stuff out! I DID use it one day :) I really like the way the doily shows through the vellum.
Bonus from the class - I now have both Mothers Day cards done.

1 comment: