Wednesday 27 April 2016

Clear and Sheer - Day 1


I am doing an Online Card Class featuring vellum and acetate. Today's session covered attaching vellum. Home after a busy day teaching, I have retrieved one card done earlier, and put another together quickly.


This card, from an earlier Pergamano class, has an A5 sized vellum panel, scored in half and folded then the front edges trimmed. The vellum layer is attached by hand stitching with silver thread along the fold line.


Tonight's card uses a technique I haven't been game to try before - machine stitching. I wanted the pink strip of card to make the coloured image 'pop'. I attached the stamped and coloured vellum strip with two vertical lines of pale pink stitching to the pink card strip, then adhered the card strip to the card front.

No comments:

Post a Comment